Monday, November 24, 2008

GHOST PLACES

Listen with care while I whisper in your ear about Ghooost! I will be the first to tell you that I have never seen a ghost but I don’t disbelieve. When I was a kid my little sister and I sometimes thought there were ghosts in our attic and the basement. I also have an older sister and she may have given us the idea. I have never been ghost hunting but it is on my to do list. In the summer when we were kids we told lots of ghost stories after dark out on the front porch. Of course we enjoyed trying to scare the younger ones by making ghost like noises.

Sometimes to change my writing routine I will write short stories but most of all ghost stories. Some of my ghost stories are for children, some are for adults, and many are about Civil War ghosts. One of my favorite ones is about a Confederate soldier, Tod Carter who was killed in the Battle of Franklin in his own yard. He and other apparitions have been seen in the Carter home in Franklin, Tennessee. You can read about it in “Ghost Of The Blue And Gray” by Ruth Thompson next year.

Jerry and I when we visit a new city we like to tour the city in an open carriage. The first time we were in Charleston we took a tour. Our driver pointed out all the places in Charleston where ghosts lurked. There are pirate ghosts, Civil War ghosts, slave ghosts, and evil people ghosts in Charleston. Believe me Charleston has every kind of ghosts that exist. The young man told us some fantastic ghosts stories. It was the best city tour we ever had. Don’t miss it when you go to Charleston. Baskets Of Ghosts

No comments: