Monday, November 24, 2008

BASKETS OF GHOSTS

Hello! I am wearing a new hat and it is Baskets Of Ghosts. You may know me as Weaver Of Tales or just plain Ruth Thompson. Hats, hats we are always changing hats. Of course I started off with my kid’s hat. School came along and I wore my student's hat. There were others like the bride’s hat, mother’s hat, teacher’s hat, and Granny’s hat. Some of these I still wear but I have added the senior’s hat and the author’s hat. How many hats have you worn?

I believe that I am a very fortunate person. My family and my Kentucky heritage have always been very important to me. Teaching was the direction I took in the work place that I enjoyed for twenty-seven years.

My husband, Jerry and I chose the west coast of Florida to retire, but beautiful Lake Cumberland in Kentucky keeps calling us back a couple of months each year. I began writing when I retired. First I wrote mysteries and then I switched to historical novels. My first book published is “The Bluegrass Dream” it is about the first settlers in the Bluegrass of Kentucky. “Natchez Above The River” is the second one published and is the first book of my Civil War novels. The next book I publish will be my second Civil War novel entitled “Four Long Years.” Ruth Thompson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very interesting. Keep up the good work.